The Lighting Design Engineer is a key member of our Lighting Team. The Lighting Design Engineer works in tight coordination with an Industrial Designer on all aspects of design for Black Diamond’s Lighting products, specifically headlamps and lanterns. The Lighting Design Engineer is responsible for product strength, durability, manufacturability, dimensioning/tolerancing, material selection, mechanical architecture, and manufacturing process selection.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a proven track record of creative problem solving.
2. Model complex parts and assemblies in CAD.
3. Analyze and select appropriate materials and manufacturing processes.
4. Demonstrate advanced knowledge of plastic injection molding.
5. Perform basic finite element analysis and have an understanding of stress/strain calculations.
6. Create technical drawings including appropriate geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
7. Build prototypes.
8. Conduct research, present project status, communicate clearly, work well within a team environment, and meet deadlines.
9. Use word processing, spreadsheets, email, and other basic computer skills.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other closely related field
2 years post-graduation experience in product design related field.
5+ years post-graduation experience in product design related field within the consumer product or consumer electronics industry.
The ideal candidate will possess an in-depth working knowledge of the sports of climbing, skiing, mountaineering, and all other activities for which we design products.
©2012 Black Diamond Equipment, Ltd.